What is the Québec Health Record ?
The primary information that the QHR has access to is:
- prescribed medications that are obtained from Quebec pharmacies that are linked to the QHR (these medications may date back to January 2010);
- prescriptions that are given in electronic form;
- results of lab analyses that were done in a public Quebec health care facility (these results may date back to January 2009);
- the results of medical imaging exams (X-rays, scans, MRIs, etc.) that were done in a public Quebec health care facility (these results may date back to a few years).
- the medications prescribed in a Quebec health health care facility (hospital, care facility, etc.);
- the results of lab analyses that were done in a private Quebec lab;
- the results of medical imaging exams (X-rays, scans, MRI's, etc.) that were done in a private Quebec radiology clinic;
- vaccinations received in Quebec.
Equally accessible in the future:
- hospital summaries as well as information on allergies and intolerances.
What information is not gathered by the Québec Health Record?
Only information specified by the act can be gathered by the QHR.
Examples of information not gathered by the QHR:
- information, other than that mentioned above, that is found in medical files held by doctors or by health care facilities within the healthcare network;
- personal and family histories;
- social worker reports;
- surgeries, interventions, or treatments that were done in the past;
- the progress notes of doctors, nurses, and other professionals;
- accounts rendered for surgeries;
- minor surgeries that were done in a clinic;
- treatments received in outpatient clinics.